The Baltimore International Seafarers' Center is an ecumenical ministry serving crews of commercial ships docked in the Port of Baltimore. Maritime ministry began in England in the 1700's. In 1834, the Seamen's Church Institute initiated service in the Port of New York to seafarers from around the world.
The Baltimore International Seafarers' Center was founded in 1993 by an Episcopal deacon, The Rev. Ed Munro, and his wife, Barbara Munro. In 2005, The Rev. Mary H.T. Davisson, an Episcopal priest, became the Director.
The Baltimore International Seafarers' Center is affiliated with the Mission to Seafarers, welcoming and training qualified volunteers and staff on an equal opportunity basis.